It is good for me to get used to learning new words to write every day in English according to the suggestions of our dear wordpress editors. The last time they proposed a word I did not know, I think I was a bit brassy, insensitive, rude. That will not be the case today. I made a sarcastic and debauched remark that perhaps it was not fitting. I apologize to them. It is your job to propose words, easy or difficult, and mine is simply to write about them, or not.
The fact is that I’m following through with this daily writing activity on this blog. I decided to take a step forward instead of complaining that I do not know that word. In addition, I enrolled in 2 online courses on the edX site – one that will begin on June 12th – English Composition – where I will learn things like:
- Rhetorical Knowledge: how to craft your writing to meet the needs of specific audiences for specific purposes.
- Critical Thinking: how to make decisions about what to include and not include in your writing.
- Writing Processes: how to use invention, research, drafting, revising, and editing in your writing.
- Knowledge of Conventions: how to use various formats and stylistic choices, including genre conventions.
- Digital Technology: how to use diverse technologies to write more effectively and efficiently.
- Habits of Mind: how to benefit from curiosity, openness, engagement, creativity, persistence, responsibility, flexibility, and reflection.
I also enrolled myself in a course that already started, English Grammar and Style, I am already in the first classes. I’m happy with this, I will improve my skills 🙂
For those interested in the course, here is the link